Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great day. My seven year old helped me cook, we had a great time. We made pies the night before and had a blast doing that together.
She got the turkey ready, then she dissected the heart and liver and whatever else is in that bag. We examined every piece, then went online to see if they were similar looking to human organs. I have pics of her cutting those things up, I will save those for later!
.
I got the other two involved in peeling potatoes. They were a big help. There is a child missing and i still do not know where she went during the cooking. She's slippery that one.

The next day we had one other couple over and 4 single soldiers. They are such nice people. We have some cool soldiers in our company.
They played Wii while we finished cooking and we ate and ate. They went home and then another family came over for dessert and games. We had the best time. They didn't leave until 11:30 p.m.
We had so much fun though we didn't realize how late it was.
I was going to go shopping today, but I really don't need anything and I like to sleep in. Plus I am the kind of person who doesn't need the crock pot but has it in their cart because it is 50% off. I am ridiculous in those situations. So I stay away from them.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, had a great time with friends and family.
To my family, I miss you and Love you.

1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy Thanksgiving across the pond!

I like your idea of inviting single guests. We will only have the two of us over the upcoming holiday season. I'm thinking of doing something for our local women's shelter.