Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On the road again part I

(Katsuren Castle Site)
We are back in exploring mode.
We tried to find the Zoo/bakery that was in the newspaper here. Yes, I said a zoo slash bakery. When you live on this island you don't ask questions. You say "A zoo AND a bakery? AWESOME" then you go about trying to find it with whacked out directions. It's fun. Really. I am not being sarcastic. It is fun. Come visit and you'll see.
Anyway,
We didn't find it. We will find it later though do not worry.
While we were driving around lost which we like to tell the kids is the short cut. I saw THIS out my window ...

Well not from that vantage point but you know a rock wall that looked interesting. We turned around. My husband is always up for an adventure. We parked and found the visitors info wall thing.
The name.

Info.

Cool picture of what it might have looked like.

Hanging around on the wall.




View of the lower levels.

Down the hill to the bottom.

We had a good time, it was a great stop on our trip yesterday.
We saw a bridge leading to an island in the not so far off distance.
We decided we needed an extra stop on our day trip.
Next up Ikei Island.

No comments: